Your no excess, comprehensive insurance policy will cover your Citroen/DS vehicle in case of accident, theft or attempted theft, vandalism, punctures, and broken windows. Your Citroen manufacturer warranty will cover all breakdowns.
All Citroen lease cars in Europe are covered by comprehensive insurance and 24 hour Assistance, 7 days per week if you are driving in any of the following countries: Andorra – Austria – Belgium – Bosnia Herzegovina – Bulgaria – Croatia – Cyprus – Czech Republic – Denmark – Estonia – Finland – France (mainland) – Germany – Gibraltar – Greece* – Hungary – Iceland – Ireland – Italy – Latvia – Liechtenstein – Lithuania – Luxembourg – Macedonia – Malta – Monaco – Montenegro – The Netherlands – Norway – Poland – Portugal – Romania – San Marino – Serbia* – Slovakia – Slovenia – Spain (including Canary and Balearic Islands) Sweden – Switzerland – United Kingdom – Vatican
Driving in any country not listed above will void your insurance and no roadside assistance is available.
*Driving in the Greek Islands or Kosovo will void your insurance and no roadside assistance is available in these locations.
If any of the following incidents occur, there are very specific steps you must take. Failure to do so may result in any repair or towing costs being at your own expense. The ‘In an Emergency’ booklet you receive with your vehicle will also outline these steps. In some cases, you may be required to pay for a charge and Citroen EuroPass Australia will reimburse the costs.
Incidents relating to glass or tyres
- Call Citroen’s 24/7 Assistance Centre to receive a claim number and the authorisation to arrange repairs. You may be required to pay for repairs which will then be reimbursed to you.
- Make sure all receipts contain the vehicle registration number and the Contract Holder’s full name.
- Keep the original receipts to forward to Citroen EuroPass Australia when you return home. You will also need to include a cover letter listing the incident details, your Assistance claim number and your bank details if the repairs were paid for by you.
- Within 3-4 weeks of Citroen receiving the receipts you will be reimbursed directly using the account details you provided.
Incidents involving an accident, theft or fire
- Call Citroen’s 24/7 Assistance Centre to report the incident and receive further instructions.
- You must complete and sign the accident report (provided when you collect the vehicle) as well as obtain an official police report. The accident and police reports must be emailed to the following email address: email@example.com. Make a copy of the receipts and send the originals to: Citroën Euro Pass, Service Assurance, Immeuble NOVA, 71 boulevard National, 92250 La Garenne-Colombes, France.
- Assistance is subject to many variables, including the length of repairs and location of the incident. If necessary, Assistance will arrange either a rental car or accommodation (limits apply) at no cost to you until your vehicle is repaired. If your vehicle cannot be repaired before the end of your lease and availability permits, a replacement Citroen may be provided. Make sure you liaise closely with Assistance throughout this step so that they are well aware of your plans.
- Any costs such as repairs or towing should not be charged to you. In the event that you are charged, ensure that the cost is authorised with Assistance and all original receipts are kept, and include the vehicle registration number and the Contract Holder’s full name.
- If you were required to pay for any charges, forward the original receipts to Citroen EuroPass Australia upon your return home. You will also need to include a cover letter outlining the incident, your Assistance claim number and your bank details.
- Once Citroen has received the receipts, you will be reimbursed within 3-4 weeks. Unauthorised repair costs will not be reimbursed.
Incidents involving breakdown or a mechanical problem
- Call Citroen’s 24/7 Assistance Centre to report the issue and be guided to the nearest Citroen garage.
- Repair costs are covered by manufacturer’s warranty and should not be charged to you.
- Depending on the extent of damage to the vehicle, Assistance will arrange either a rental car or accommodation (limits apply) if necessary. If your vehicle cannot be repaired and availability permits, a replacement Citroen may be provided. Make sure you liaise closely with Assistance throughout this step so that they are well aware of your plans.
- If you experience one of the above problems while in Europe, you will need to modify your plans without compensation while the Assistance call centre team work to find a solution within the process of the Citroen insurance package.
- Misuse of the vehicle in any way, intentional or not, is not covered by Citroen insurance.
- Phone calls to Assistance are at your own cost and will not be reimbursed. For this reason, avoid using an Australian SIM card if possible as the cost may be quite expensive.
- If you are provided with a rental car while your vehicle is undergoing repairs, the rental terms will be different to your lease terms. Make sure you carefully read the rental agreement before signing, and ensure you are aware of the terms and conditions.
- Rental company age restrictions may prevent some people receiving a rental car while their vehicle is repaired.
- Any repair costs that have not been authorised will not be reimbursed.
- Make sure your travel insurance covers anything that Citroen’s insurance does not, including personal belongings.
- Your Citroen insurance policy expires at midnight of the last day of your lease, as detailed in your insurance document.