Frequently Asked Questions

Home/Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions 2016-12-12T04:27:43+00:00

Car Hire      

We hope the information shown below will answer your query. If you do not find the answer or the information you are seeking, please send your query by e-mail or call our Reservations office during business hours for assistance. Toll Free: 1300 653 270 or (61) 7 5568 6703

Is it better to pre-book my car hire or wait until I arrive?

We believe it is better to pre-book and pay in advance to take advantage of our discounted prices in Australian dollars. Our pre-paid rates are generally lower than the local foreign currency prices. We negotiate special contracted discounted rates based on our high volume of sales and pass the savings on. You also benefit knowing your car hire is ready & waiting for you on arrival.

What is included in our pre-paid car hire rates?

Our rates are inclusive of most mandatory charges including local tax, collision damage waiver, third party liability, theft protection, unlimited mileage, airport/premium location fees & vehicle license fees. Some other charges may apply and these will be shown on your invoice confirmation and on your pre-paid travel voucher. Please ensure you check the inclusions of your quote or booking as these may vary by car and supplier.

Are there hidden charges?

World Drive Holidays does not charge any hidden fees and strives to keep the reservation process as transparent as possible. Optional additional charges exist if you wish to include additional items to your rental, such as child seats, GPS hire, young or additional driver fees, one way fees, or fuel. Most of our car rental suppliers will also require a Security deposit by credit card on arrival at the depot. This is refundable at the end of the hire, less any additional charges you have opted for not included on the pre-paid Voucher.

Do I need to leave a deposit?

Yes, a security deposit by credit card will usually be required by the rental company. This is generally an imprint of your credit card and a nominal amount is frozen on the card until you return the car. At the end of the hire a final calculation is done and any applicable extra charges are finalised. Please make sure you check the rental agreement at the end of your hire to understand any applicable additional charges. Please retain all paperwork & receipts in case of disputes.

What about a cash deposit?

Whilst this is possible in some cases, it is not encouraged. A credit card is the preferred means for a security deposit, as most rental companies do not have the facility to hold large amounts of cash at their rental locations. It is also difficult for this reason to refund you in cash at the end of the hire.

Is my hire car fully insured?

All our rates include full vehicle insurance, with third party liability party, fire and theft protection, however an insurance excess will usually apply in the event of accidental damage or theft. The excess amount will be indicated on your confirmation invoice and voucher.

Can I reduce or remove the excess?

In most cases, you may purchase directly from the car rental company a higher insurance cover, often called Super CDW. This will reduce or remove your excess obligation. This is an optional purchase, but if you have taken out travel insurance, it is likely your policy will include cover for car hire excess and it will not be necessary to upgrade the insurance with the rental company.

Should I hire an automatic car?

If you can drive a manual car then we believe this is the better option, as they are cheaper to hire and more readily available. In the UK and Europe, Automatic cars are more expensive than manual cars and not widely available. Automatic type vehicles are more likely to be available from major cities or Airports. In the USA and Canada all rental cars have Automatic transmission.

Are there extra charges for a one way rental?

If you return your car to a different location from where you collected from, this is termed a “one way hire” and a surcharge (fee) may apply. This will be advised on your confirmation invoice and will appear on your travel voucher.

Do I need an international driving permit?

An international driving permit is recommended if travelling through a non-English speaking country. You maybe subject to a fine if you do not hold a valid international driving permit and you must also carry your own full Australian drivers licence.

For a Quote or to book please click here.